Saturday, September 8, 2007

D-day

So today is the official "Estimated Due Date"...big whoop. Since only 20% of babies are born on their due dates, I'm not expecting a whole lot to happen in the few remaining hours of this day. I don't think I've gotten much bigger in a week...what do you think?


I had a couple of rough days this week. Thursday and Friday I had these pain in the butt, piddly contractions ALL DAY. Literally, they started at 7am, and were every few minutes all day and all night long. Nothing I did made them stop, so we tried to move things along by taking some good brisk walks. While we walked they got nice and strong, but as soon as we stopped, they went back to just being annoying. By Friday night I was pretty much mentally done with being pregnant. I went 41 weeks with Dom, and just could not imagine another week of having those type of contractions all day. I hadn't gotten much sleep because it was seemingly impossible to get comfortable, so that didn't help either.

Today however, wasn't so bad, and I'm in a much better frame of mind. I got a good night's sleep last night, and I didn't have the annoying, mild contractions all day. I only the usual "when I bend over or stand up from sitting or laying down" contractions, which are much more managable.

We went to Curtis Orchard today, sort of our last family "outing" before we go from a family of four to a family of five. The rain was nice enough to stop while we were there, and it kept the crowds to a minimum. It was a nice change of scenery, and the boys had a great time...especially feeding the goats:

I'm pretty sure next time I update this it will be with a baby announcement...but I've been wrong before!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you still pregnant?

Unknown said...

I think it's time to change the blog title to "#3 is Here!!!" Congrats!